ODV analyzes every bar code printed
with the Printronix Thermal Printer to assure that it meets the
most stringent scanning standards. It analyzes each bar code immediately
after the label is printed without reducing throughput. This 100
percent inspection includes both linear and PDF417 bar codes and
validates that the bar code image falls well within each bar code's
symbology specifications, resulting in a scannable bar code. ODV
stops bad bar codes from getting into the production or distribution
system, which could lead to a shut down of operations. Even more,
ODV system efficiency increases by eliminating the need for costly
human intervention in the validation process.
- ODV, with its Read-After-Print™
method, ensures that your labels meet compliance standards.
- Handheld verifiers are no longer
- Bad bar code labels are overstruck,
ensuring they will not be used.
Printronix ODV provides complete control
of your management-controlled bar code application, and gives you
the first truly quality-controlled data in thermal printing.
ODV Data Manager
Since barcodes have such an impact
on supply chain efficiency, Printronix has developed a closed-loop
quality control system that monitors the bar coding process.
ODV Data Manager is the Printronix
solution for fully automated bar code quality control:
- Capture and display all bar code
quality data, by label and by bar code, an invaluable tool for
applying maintenance remedies.
- Capture and display detailed validation
information, to get to the heart of any problem instantly and
- Capture and display the actual data
within each bar code, to provide further assurance that critical
data, such as serialized bar codes, actually prints correctly.
- Allow for all data to be viewed
online, stored in a file, or exported to a data base in real time,
to provide a true ISO9000 or QC archive.
- Save "snap shots" of the
data in CSV or XML format, to quickly isolate problem labels.
- Use Printronix ODV Data Manager
with multiple concurrent ODV connections, to assure maximum QC
in high-volume environments.
- Place printers into fault conditions
for either bar code scanning and data accuracy failures, to ensure
that bad data never will enter your system.
Printronix ODV Data Manager is the
best insurance against the high costs associated with barcode scanning
and data accuracy failures.
Bar Codes Supported
- Code 39
- Interleaved 2 of 5
- Code 93
- Code 128
- UPC/EAN plus add-ons
- Quiet Zone - Minimum: 10 times x-dimension
- Bar Codes per Line - Up to 4 codes
on the same horizontal line
- Bar Codes per Form - Up to 99 codes
- Bar Code Orientation - Picket fence
- Horizontal Spacing - Minimum of
0.5" between codes on the same horizontal line
- Bar Code Height - Minimum bar code
height is 0.13"
- TOF to TOF Minimum Distance - 0.5"
Print Run Report
- Number of Forms Printed
- Number of Codes Printed
- Number of Bad Forms
- Average Bar Width Deviation
- Bar Width Deviation of Last Bar
Validation Error Actions
- Overstrike / Reprint (default)
Validation Error Notification Modes
- Printer Display
- Printer Status Light
- Printer Audible Alarm
- Remote Notification
Port - Network
Data Contents (Selectable):
Short - Pass/Fail quality results (6 ips max)
Validation - Pass/Fail quality results + actual decoded data (6
Full - Validation + all measured parameters (3 ips max)
- Complies with part 15 of the FCC
- Class 2 Laser Product
- Conforms to DHHS Regulation 21 CFR
- CE Mark an UL Appoval